Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Warm Pants

I am anxiously awaiting my 5k, which is on the 12th. I managed to strain a tendon, and have had to take a few weeks off of running. But it was time to kick myself back into 5k shape, so I set out for a run today, with no real mileage goal.

First of all, let me just assure you that it is definitely winter here. It was 28 degrees when I woke up, and wasn't much warmer when I went running. So you know what that means, time to break out the warm pants.

I have very seriously had these pants since I was in the 7th grade and took dance. I don't know how they have held up. They are the brand Everlast, which, I just found out, is apparently a brand made for boxing. They are also magic pants, and seem to fit me no matter how fat I get. They rock. And they are warm.

I started out on my normal trail, but then I found another trail and decided to explore. Unfortunately for me, I had no idea where I was going, and the trail forked several times, and I spent most of my time running around lost. It did, however, make time go by really fast, and before I knew it, I had run 3 miles. And lucky for me, there were no sketchy white vans or serial killers involved. I did see one girl running who had her name written on her leg. I can only assume it was for easy identification of her body once it had been dumped, which made me feel super confident about running in that area by myself.

I ended up running the 3.06 miles in 29:37, which is not bad, given my normal snail pace. Let's hope I can repeat this performance at my 5k race, though maybe without the getting lost part.

In other news, Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are getting a divorce. If a true love like that can't make it more than 72 days, the rest of us are just doomed.

Source
I may have cried a little bit when I heard this. Mainly because he paid $2 million for her ring, and she paid $6 million for the wedding, so that's $8 million that just went to waste. And I haven't been able to afford to buy new running pants since the 7th grade. Go figure.

Anyway, it's time to go finish a physical chemistry lab report. Have a happy Halloween-except-it-doesn't-feel-like-it-because-it's-Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment