Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Electric Jumpsuit

Edit: Just to clarify, I used to have another blog called Life at Reflux. However, life became less like reflux and more like crazy, so I took a while off from blogging. When I finally decided to return, I felt like I needed a fresh start, so Sneakers and Beakers was created. I have continued to read blogs religiously, though, throughout this whole time, just to make sure I didn't get behind. But more on all that later.

Today was pretty uneventful. My ankle is a little sore from my run yesterday, but hopefully it will get over itself in a few days. I did some Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown tonight, too, which is bound to make the rest of me sore.

Source

If you want to feel the burn, that's the best way to do it. Speaking of burning, I started a Daily Burn account today, just for kicks. And to make sure I can maintain my super muscles. Apparently I eat way too many carbs, and don't get enough protein. It is very impressive that I am allergic to wheat, barley, and rye, and yet I still manage to make most of my diet carbs... talent, right there folks. I also joined the site as I was eating not one, but two gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Those aren't carbs, right?

Since I am trying to up my protein intake, I think I will be making a lot more of these:


They key object in that picture is the pumpkin smoothie, not the notebook. Or the calculator, pen, or bed sheets. I almost always do my physical chemistry homework while sitting in bed. That way, when I fall asleep doing it, I'm already in the right place. Anyway, I pretty much stole the recipe from Click, but I replaced their protein powder with my own, and I changed the water to skim milk.

Pumpkin Protein Smoothie:
2/3 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tsp honey
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup milk
1/2 cup ice

It's delicious. I will go ahead and warn you that I have an obsession with pumpkin things. Year round. So if you hate pumpkin fanatics, this is not the blog for you.

The most unfortunate part of today was that when I went to walk to school, I found this:


Frost on my car! I'm not ready for frost! or snow. I am going to buy an electric jumpsuit so that I actually stay warm this winter. I hate the cold.

2 comments:

  1. HA I have a Daily Burn account too and apparently I am never eating enough protein and I am always eating waaayyyy too many carbs. Oh well. I like my carbs, what can I say?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? This thing makes me feel like I should be eating an entire chicken every single day. No way I can eat that much protein!

    ReplyDelete