Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Weekend Recipes

I'm sure you all are wondering what my favorite super bowl commercial was. Hands down, it was this one:


I had a fun time last night snacking and hanging out with friends. It kind of seems like I'm always on the go, always working on something or another, so it was great to just relax and not have to worry about mounds of homework for once. After half-time (did anyone else see Madonna fall off the bleachers?), Zach and I went to Wendy's for some food, and they had the game on a tv there too, so we got to see most of it. I was happy that the Giants won.... ever since the Patriots beat the Panthers in the super bowl, I haven't liked them (I hold sports-related grudges).

I have made a bunch of good recipes this weekend, so I'll share them with you here:

Biggest Loser Protein Pancakes

Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad

Healthy(ish) Spinach Artichoke Dip

The spinach dip was awesome, by the way.

Also, my workouts this week:
Monday: off
Tuesday: 45 minutes biking, 10 minutes weights
Wednesday: 30 minutes swimming, 10 mins aqua-jogging
Thursday: 2 mile run and 1.25 hour yoga class
Friday: off
Saturday: walked around Boone
Sunday: 1 hour pilates

I really had more like 3 rest days this week. My knees have really been acting up (I think I might go talk to a doctor soon), and so I was doing my best not to irritate them after Thursday.

This next week is going to be rough (4 exams in 3 days and multiple other assignments due), so I may not blog a whole lot. Sorry in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Totally saw her fall! And thought it was hilarious. Woops, my b*tch just came out. Oh well. But really, a 53 year old woman trying to act like a 20 year old is beyond ridiculous. I did enjoy it though, just thought she could have done something better suited to 'her'.

    Moving on, those pancakes look amazing. I may have just licked the screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted sooo good. Just like real pancakes, but way healthier!

      Delete