Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

Weekly Workouts:
Monday: Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown part I (modified)
Tuesday: 500m swim + kickboard work
Wednesday: 30 min pilates + 2.75 mile walk
Thursday: 500m swim techniques (freestyle, kickboard, paddles) + 15 minute aqua jog
Saturday: 1.5 mile walk & digging a trench (that counts as exercise)

My Easter weekend was pretty awesome. Zach and I have been very productive, and while he used the weed-eater to cut the grass, I dug a giant trench to plant lilies in. It was probably 5 feet long, 1 foot deep, and 8 inches wide, because apparently they need an insane amount of room to grow (those stupid things better bloom, or I will be pissed). Then, we washed both of our cars. Obviously, my boyfriend only keeps me around so that I can do yard work and other manual labor...and also probably so that I can cook for him, because he gets tired of his microwave pizzas sometimes.

Zach is going to kill me for posting this picture.
But I look good, so that's all that matters. Credit
for the picture goes to Tiffany, his sister.


Easter Sunday was fun... except for the whole sunrise service part that involved getting up at 5am and standing in the cold for 30 minutes. The breakfast afterwards made it all worth it, though, and then I rushed home to bake my gluten-free Cinnabon cake, which used this recipe with the substitution for gluten-free flour, and no nuts.



It was probably the most delicious gluten-free thing I have made (doesn't it look yummy?!)... which had nothing to do with the 2.5 sticks of butter and 6 cups of sugar in it. Obviously, it was just so good because of my amazing ability to mix things in a bowl and stick them in the oven. After eating about 1/4 of the cake, I took a sugar-coma-nap. That is what I call a good Easter Sunday.

Today has been less awesome. I have a big Inorganic Chemistry exam this week that is consuming my life from now until Thursday, so I've spent all day studying for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment