Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Whiny Wednesday

In this edition of Whiny Wednesday, I am going to talk about one good thing that happened for each thing that I whine about, because life is all about balance (and I need to practice my not-whining, because I don't seem to be very good at that).

1. Last night at 3 am, a very drunk couple woke me up because they were having a very loud break-up in the apartment parking lot below my window. I commend them on their intelligence in deciding: 1. To break up while extremely drunk, and 2. To do it in the most public, loud place possible in the entire apartment complex. Good job, guys... I am really glad that I lost an hour of sleep to hear your very dramatic breakup that you won't remember tomorrow.

Source

2. Speaking of apartments, my roommate and I finally got ours subleased! Like officially, there was paperwork to sign and everything. Considering how much money this will save me over the summer, it is hard not to be happy about it, but at the same time if I don't get a job before I graduate, I will have nowhere to go. I will have to take up residence in swanky new cardboard box.

Just like this. Source

3. Sometime last year, the hinge on the side of my Lenovo computer broke. I called the company to ask about it, and they said it had been recalled, but apparently I hadn't gotten the notice. However, because I missed the "recall date", I had to pay full price to have it fixed (about $300). Well, less than a year later, the same exact part has broken on it.


Also, you will notice the power cord covered in tape. That would be because it split apart recently and started shooting sparks out at me. Anyway, I wasn't going to pay $300 more dollars to get it to last another 6 months, when I could buy a brand new computer for that much. So my mom and her husband agreed to get one for me as an early graduation present of sorts. My new one is an Acer. Thanks, Mom! 

It looks something like this. Source

I am kind of afraid to use it for fear of breaking it. I keep putting it back into its little protective shipping sleeve when I'm done with it, and I keep the plastic screen cover on. I imagine this is how I would treat a newborn...well, I wouldn't put plastic over it, but you know what I mean. With obsessive amounts of care.

4. We have a four day weekend this week for Easter. I plan to spend it alternating between studying for my giant Inorganic chemistry test next week and eating my weight in jelly beans and chocolate rabbits. Mass amounts of sugar help with studying, right?

5. I don't really have a fifth point, other than that I am going to Pilates class now. I hope you all have a splendid week.

EDIT: Also, this made me laugh.  At least I now know what to do, should I ever fall on my face while racing. 

What kind of computer do you have? Do you like it? 

2 comments:

  1. That video was hilarious! I shall now learn the worm. Because we all know I am about as coordinated as a banana when running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear to all MAC computers. I've had mine for 8 years and it is still running strong. No problems.
    Followed. Maybe you'll visit me too.

    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete