Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Race Bug

This weekend, I will be taking an awesome trip with Zach to Gatlinburg for our two and a half year anniversary (has it really been that long? geez, time to trade up. just kidding, honey). I can't wait! It will be great to get away for a weekend and pretend I don't have homework. I'll be sad to leave behind Flynn, though. I am sure he will really miss me
"I am going to eat ALL of your underwear while you're gone."

So far, the only exercise I have done since the 5k (besides eating... you know, building up the jaw muscles) is some swimming. My ankle is pretty tender, and I think it needs a few days off of anything hardcore. Okay, maybe I'm also just lazy. But it's a good excuse.

To combat my vegetative state, I have been trying to eat extra healthy. Last night, I made a gluten-free turkey meat loaf, with onions and bell peppers. It turned out pretty good! And it's healthy! And it will feed me for a week! That's a win on all 3 fronts: tasty, good for me, and college-student-affordable. But I got tired of meatloaf after eating it... all of two times. So tonight, I decided to make a little taco stew mix:


It's going to taste much better than it looks. I promise.

In the crock pot: chicken, 1/3 a pack of mild taco seasoning, 1 roma tomato, 1/3 onion, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 can of black beans, can of corn, and about 1/4 cup of salsa. The plan is to put this mixture over a bed of lettuce and top with some greek yogurt. I should be able to eat this for about a week too. It's going to be a very monotonous meal schedule. But that's okay, because next week is Thanksgiving which means I will be free-loading as much food from my relatives as I can eat eating a lot. And maybe "borrowing" the leftovers to take back to college.

Is anyone else looking forward to the new season of Kim and Kourtney take New York? No? You have lives? Oh, my bad. Well, I'm still psyched!

Source
I am really curious to find out what broke up an everlasting love like Kim and Kris had. Maybe he never put the seat down *cough* Zach *cough*.

I'm also pretty sure that I have the race bug now. Despite my ankle hurting, I am already looking up new races to register for. Someone stop me and remind me that I'm broke and that running is hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment