Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Great Banana Challenge

For as long as I can remember, I have hated bananas. Not disliked, hated. Every time I ate anything banana as a child (baby food, flavored medicine, actual bananas), I would promptly throw it back up. I don't know what the deal was with that.

Anyway, over the years, I have also made myself like a lot of healthy foods that I did not like before (green peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, lettuce, etc.), and so, because bananas are extremely healthy for you (and convenient), I have decided to attempt to work them into my diet.

About an hour ago, I ate this:


Oatmeal with chocolate nut butter and bananas (the only way I could really eat the bananas was to cover them in peanut butter). So far, no puking. I am declaring this first trial a success.

Any good ideas on how to work bananas into my diet slowly? Maybe in recipes where I can't actually taste them? One day, I'd like to work up to eating plain bananas... but, baby steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment