Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Thistle the Hedgehog

I can't believe tomorrow is New Years Eve... guess I'd better get working on those resolutions! To be honest,  I haven't really even thought about it yet.

Today was alright. I have been sick with a sinus infection for about a week now, but I have still been getting in  workouts (after my fever went down). Today, I managed a 3.15 mile run over some really steep hills. Running that far when sick is no easy job.

Flynn has also done a lot of running. In the snow. It all finally melted today, but we got about an inch of snow a few days ago, and he has really been having fun rolling around in it... and then tracking it all over the house.


The Great Banana Challenge has been pretty successful thus far. This morning, I ate two slices of gluten-free toast with chocolate pb and bananas on them. I have to say, while I still hate how bananas taste, they make the best fuel for running. I kept up some good energy, especially considering how sick I have been and the hills I was running. 


I realize this post doesn't really have much rhyme or reason to it. Truthfully, I have just been taking random pictures to try out the settings on it. I don't think I have introduced Thistle yet, so here she is: 


Thistle is our resident grouch. She is a hedgehog, but she won't let you touch her or pet her or really get near her. What a sweetie. Tonight, Zach was feeding her a hot dog (Do hedgehogs like to eat hot dogs? yes. Should they? Probably not.) and she decided his finger would taste better so she tried to bite it off. Like I said, a real sweetie pie. 

My other random picture of the day involves my new boots, which I am a little obsessed with. My mom got me a pair for Christmas, and then I got this taller pair from Kohls. I can't ever seem to get a good picture of myself, but at least the boots look good. 


Tomorrow, I have work, and I'll be brain storming all day about New Years resolutions. I'll let you know what I come up with!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! a hedgehog!! my mum won't let me get one. she says they freak her out. /:

    ReplyDelete