Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

5 New Years Resolutions

It's that time again... the new year. 2012. Wow. Too bad the world is ending December 21st, according to the Mayan calendar.

Even though I am only going to get to see 11 months and 21 days of this year, I figure I should make some resolutions... you know, just in case the world doesn't end.

Resolution #1: Improve my attitude
I am not always the most optimistic person, especially when it comes to major life changes. This year, I will be graduating and trying to find a job, and I have to admit, all of the media coverage of the unemployment and lack of jobs around the country is not making me feel better about the idea of job hunting. But instead of getting myself into a funk over it, I am going to keep my chin up. I have a very marketable degree, I am a hard worker, and I am more than qualified for a good position.

Resolution #2: Maintain a healthy weight
I like where I am right now, both weight-wise and fitness-wise, and I really want to stay here. In the past, my weight and fitness has bounced all over the place, and I'd like to keep it stable for once. I think I have a good routine down, and I should stick with it.

Resolution #3: Run 6 races
I would like to do at least 6 races this year. They could all be 5k's, but I would like to branch out a bit. I have been considering training for an 8k, or even a sprint triathlon! I think this goal will help in maintaining my fitness level (resolution #2).


Resolution #4: Find a job
I have realized that there is no easy way to go about searching for a job. Resumes must be tweaked, cover letters must be written, and job listings are all over the place. I think I need to set aside time dedicated to the job hunt in order to find a job before I graduate. That is my number one goal for this semester.

Resolution #5: Eat less sugar
This might seem trivial, and it goes along with Resolution #2, but I have a serious sweet tooth, and it sabotages me on a daily basis. I have found that a lot of my calories and carbs are consumed in the form of sugary treats. Pretty sure my sugar addiction is inherited (my grandmother has to hide all sugary treats from my grandfather because he loves sugar), but I'd like to nip it in the bud this year. That way, 60 years from now, Zach won't have to hide sweets from me. Because I'm pretty sure that would mean the end of our relationship.

Flynn has a New Years resolution too. He is going to quit peeing in the house. He has good motivation for this one too... if he doesn't quit, he probably won't make it to see if the world does end in December 2012.


Thistle's New Years resolution is to quit being so grouchy. Somehow, I don't think she'll stick to it.

"Either give me food or EFF off."

Zach says his New Years resolution is to supervise all of the above New Years resolutions and make sure they get done. Especially Flynn's.


Does anyone else do New Years resolutions? If so, what are they? 

No comments:

Post a Comment