Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Whiny Wednesday

I am really glad that I brought this back, because I needed an excuse to whine on the blog.

1. Job hunting is hard. I have applied to 23098420984 million jobs, and haven't heard back from anything yet. It is bumming me out. It probably actually has more to do with the fact that I don't graduate until May, and no one wants to hire me 3 months in advance, but still. My feelings are hurt. I am going to start including random pictures of my dog in resumes. No one can resist his cute face.

Hire me, please! (Or I will eat everything you own). 
2. This isn't really something to whine about, but I ran 5.52 miles today at a 9:30 pace. I'm sure a lot of you are laughing, but really, that's huge for me. However, that does lead to something to whine about.... everything hurts. I am not built to run on pavement for long periods of time... or any other surface for that matter. I have thoroughly iced everything and foam rolled everything (with my janky walmart foam roller) and am now wearing every piece of compression gear that I own in hopes that the damage won't be too bad tomorrow.

Post-run PB and banana on a GF waffle. Still hate bananas. Obviously,
though, I was pretty hungry at the time. 
I really don't see how you people run like 15 miles at a time. 5 miles in, I was ready to kill and eat the next thing that walked by. Also, my whole body hurt.

3. I can't decide whether to sign up for the upcoming 10k race. It is mostly out-and-back, which I'm not sure I like. And it might be really hilly. I think I am going to drive the course this weekend and see how it looks. Oh, and let's not forget I have no idea if my legs will survive 6.2 miles when they are really pissed about 5.5. To do or not to do?! 

4. More snow this weekend. Booooo, snow.

Source
Much colder? Thanks for pointing that out.

5. I am pretty much out of good food to eat and have been living off of salad, oatmeal, pb, and eggs. Even the spaghetti squash is gone now. Time to hit up the grocery store! I just hate grocery shopping... does anyone else share that sentiment? I will literally wait until I have no food left to go. And even then, it is very forced. Too expensive, too boring, too time-consuming. Why don't they just deliver them to my house?

Now I am off to meet some friends for coffee. Happy Wednesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I think you would definitely hear something back if you send a picture of your dog. Sure, it may be 'please never contact us again crazy girl'... but at least it's something! I hope your job search gets easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me 2 months after graduating to find a job, so I hope you find one quicker than that!

    I think you'll be fine at the 10k... all those long distances will get easier, gotta start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete